Sunday July 1st, 2018, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Join Emily Gray, permaculturalist and educator for a workshop focused on engaging kids in nature and encouraging a love and respect for our natural world.
Activities are aimed at ages 6-10, Children will have the opportunity to partake in gardening, bushcraft, earth arts and loose parts play.
- nature craft and art
- flora and fauna identification and observation
- garden skills
- team building.
Grown ups can:
- meet other parents and develop new friendships
- share ideas, information, skills and experiences
- play with your kids in a fun, safe and friendly environment
- learn and develop skills with your kids
- discover new ideas for extra fun at home.
Children have to be in the supervision of a Responsible Adult.
Our facilitator is experienced in working with children and has a working with children clearance.
A bottle of water. We will provide fresh water to refill water bottles.
Sensible clothes and shoes (children will get messy clothes).
A sun smart hat and sunscreen.
Free for LDCG members, otherwise $10 per family group.
You can also become a member of the garden for the remainder of the years for $10.
Payments will be collected on the day.
Parking is accross the road at Stasinowsky Street or down the dirt track that runs behind the garden (turn off is at the gate at the Power and Water substation).
Please RSVP via Eventbrite